Arrow ECS Profile Paul Marnane
Paul Marnane is the Director of Sales and Marketing for Arrow ECS Ireland. Paul has over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry, including positions with HPE, Oracle and in Distribution and reseller businesses. He has spent nearly 5 years of his career at Commtech and now at Arrow.
- What do you like best about working for Arrow ECS? I like the huge range of products and services to meet every IT need (over 75 vendors) we can now offer our customers on the Island of Ireland.
- Can you give me a brief overview of what your job entails? My Job is to introduce customers to new technologies and enable them develop new revenue streams and services through our Vendor Portfolio matching our vendor requirements with our customer’s needs for technologies.
- Do you have a motto or personal mantra? If you can’t play well at least look well. Or nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. “Victoria Concordia crecit”. Victory through harmony
- Zodiac sign? Capricorn the Goat
- Hobbies & interests? Cycling, Running, and Golf. Let’s not mention Arsenal as it a Season to forget!
- Favourite music artist/bands? Everything from New Order to Frank Sinatra and Calvin Harris
- Favourite movie? The Longest Day – D-Day Landings of 1944
Favourite book? Denis Bergkamp – Stillness and Speed. King Hussein of Jordan
- Funniest or most embarrassing moment (to date!)? My pants splitting going through Dublin Airport Security last year – the subsequent expense of sourcing replacement pants at duty free, far outweighed the embarrassment.
- People would be surprised to know that? I could be considered a Royal: My dad was made an honorary chief in Nigeria and I am also related to Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco!
- What superpower would you choose to have? I would choose the power to heal sick children.